“People’s bad health is based upon the poor choices they make in their life”
Reflecting on this statement above, your essay needs to include:
1. A thesis statement outlining an argument confirming or opposing this statement
2. A broad discussion of the influences (determinants of health) which may shape people’s health and well-being
3. Choose one (1) of the following social determinants of health
The Social Gradient /Stress/Early Life/Social Exclusion/Work/Unemployment/Social Support/Addiction/Food/Transport
4. Based on your chosen determinant of health, provide:
• An explanation of how the chosen social determinant of health may be viewed within a social model of health.
• An outline of how the determinant of health may affect people’s health and well-being including (risk of illness, disease, risk factor for developing chronic health conditions or ability to lead a healthy life).