• Prepare a recap of the model program for your community that you originally shared in the week 2 written assignment. As stated in the Week Two directions, changes to the potential program can be made as you research and develop the focus of the program.
• Analyze and discuss at least three critical barriers that impact the health and well-being of your chosen group; one must be a micro-level (individual) barrier that is financial, one must be a macro-level (community/state) barrier that relates to access and funding for care, and the third barrier may be one of your choosing.
• Discuss at least one proposed solution for each barrier. Your solution for the micro barrier must include an analysis of various potential funding options (both independent and integrated). Your solution for the macro barrier must include an analysis of financing resources for health care.
• Research and analyze the regulatory, legal, ethical, and accreditation requirements and issues for the service(s) offered in your proposed program. Discuss how each will impact the management of the program.
Your assignment should be a minimum of three pages in length (excluding title and reference pages) and should include a minimum of three scholarly sources cited according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Please note: All assignments in this course are progressive; therefore you should use the same population selected in your Week Two assignment. The Week Two assignment’s contents do not need to be re-submitted with this assignment.
1. Burkholder, D. M., & Nash, N. B. (2013). Special populations in health care. San Diego, CA: Bridgepoint Education, Inc.
o Chapter 5: Paying for Health Care
? This chapter explores funding of health care for vulnerable people.
o Chapter 6: Accessing Health Care
? This chapter delves into the barriers in accessing health care.