- Patient A is prescribed Flucloxacillin 400mg q.d.s, stock strength available is 200mg capsules. What is the total number of tablets she will be required to take in 24hours?
- 575mg of the drug Augmentin is prescribed t.d.s. What is the total amount of Augmentin in grams to be given in a day?
- The drug Dopamine is prescribed at 0.2mg/kg/day. Patient A weighs 72.5kg, what is the total amount of dopamine that Patient A will need?
- The chemotherapy drug Chlorambucil is prescribed daily at
125micrograms/kg/day. Patient A weighs 68 kg, what is the total amount of Chlorambucil that Patient A will receive?
- Patient X is prescribed the antibiotic Cidomycin 350mg i.v. Stock strength available is 120mg/3ml to be added to 50mL Normal saline 0.9%. How many mL. of Cidomycin will you need to add to the bag of Normal Saline?
- Patient A is prescribed i.v. Teicoplanin 750mg b.d for a bone infection. Stock available is 200mg per vial which needs reconstituting with 3mL water for injection. What is the final dose in mL to be given?
- Tin is prescribed 700mL of 5%Dextrose in 0.9% Normal saline to run over 6hours using a volumetric pump. How many mL/hr will you set the pump to one decimal place?
- Mr Young is prescribed 450mL of 5% Dextrose to run over 4hours using an i.v infusion set that delivers 20 drops/mL. To the nearest whole number, how many drops/min will you need to set the infusion at?
- A patient has been prescribed 1.4g of Benzylpenicillin i.v. Stock strength available is 650mg per vial which needs to be reconstituted with 10mL of sterile water for injections. What is the final concentration in mg/mL. of Benzylpenicillin?
- A post-operative patient is receiving 12mg Morphine in 50mL 0.9% Normal Saline via an infusion pump. What is the concentration of Morphine in mg/mL.?
/14 Page 1